Wysing, Outpost and Open School East (W.O.OSE) have joined forces to create The W.O.OSE Network. Our three organisations came together after a year of conversations among ourselves, and with artists, to create a network to support and connect artists across generations.
What connects our organisations is our commitment and experience in supporting artists at an early stage of their career, and the fact we are all situated in burgeoning regional arts scenes: Margate, Norwich and Cambridge.
We asked artists about what they felt would be most useful for them and the answers they gave were invariably: a network of peers, connections with more experienced artists, as well as with curators, opportunities for visibility, to exhibit and to survive as artists.
While we can’t alleviate the high costs of living in this country, we can help them gain exposure and develop their career in a connected environment, as well as opening our networks to them. This is what the W.O.OSE Network sets out to do.
Our vision is to:
- Create a connected and supportive network of artists across generations.
- Give time, space and money – all of which are under threat – to enable artists to fulfil their potential.
- Enable a flourishing culture of support where established artists and patrons can actively advocate the need to support the next generation of artists.
- Amplify mentoring, networking and exhibiting opportunities for artists at an early stage of their career.
- Ensure artists remain at the centre of everything we do.